Im in the mood of going home for mid semester break holiday..hehe :p thats mean i will see airport again..yay! welcome to miri :p hoho..this post is nothing..i've just read about airport and i found the interesting data..and i just sort it out (LOL..supposely i do my work, seems like i have nothing else to do..trolling2 internet~sigh -_____-") then i just found the busiest airport in malaysia, this data is collected up to 2008..still not outdated aite? aite..aite? :D here we go! The top 5 busiest airports in Malaysia goes to..jeng..jeng..jeng...
1. KL International Airport (KLIA)
Haha..tidak lain tidak bukan, siapa lagi :p
- KLIA also has been awarded numerous prestigious awards. So if you find yourself arriving at/departing from KLIA, take time to unwind and enjoy its plethora of amenities and services.
2. Kota Kinabalu International Airport
- This airport first began as a military airfield built by the Japanese occupying forces during World-War II. Back then, it was also known as the Jesselton Airfield.
- There are approximately 2 million tourists visited Sabah through this airport, making it one of Malaysia s fastest growing regional international airports.
3. Kuching International Airport
- The airport is also an airbase for the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) and its newly renovated terminal complex is capable of handling 5 million passengers annually.
- The airport was built by the British Government of Sarawak in the 1940’s on the outskirt of Kuching town. It was opened for used on 26th September 1950.
4. Miri Airport
yaaaaaaayaaaaaayy!, no international airport anymore..
- The Miri Airport has the capacity of managing 2 million passengers annually.[Wow (O_o)]
- The airport, located close to the border of Brunei Darussalam, is an important gateway to the Northern Region of Sarawak and serves as a hub for interior air services to Mulu, Mukah, Marudi, Limbang, Lawas and other airports
5. Penang International Airport
Aih, still international airport eh :p
- The airport offers extensive connectivity with major cities in South East Asia. Passengers arriving or departing from the north will enjoy a fabulous view of Georgetown, Butterworth and the Penang Bridge.
- With the combined attractions of tourism and business, Penang International Airport is consistently being upgraded to cater to the increasing traffic demand.
Hehe..thats all for today..im not creating this fact, the rank is based on the passengers and aircraft movements, but i have no idea about rank no 5, seems like its passenger and aircraft movement is more than no 4 (~_~)
P/S : Hoho..There are 5 international airport and 15 domestics airport in malaysia and in this is the busiest one (^_^)
Source : Malaysia Airports, Miri Wiki, KLIA, Airport in Malaysia