As we know, burj dubai is officially launched and opened to public yesterday..but in fact this building is not completely finish due to economy crisis,huhu..
However, the Burj Dubai renamed to Burj Khalifa after the Syed Khalifa bin Zayed Al-Nahayan who is UAE President. He is the one who giving bail out about 25 billion dollar to cover the cost in order to avoid Dubai from bankruptcy. Dubai owe him 100 billion dollar to pay the cost of this Mega Project..LOL XD
For the record, the highest building in the world right now is Burj Khalifa.
- Burj Khalifa, Dubai - 2717 ft
- CN Tower, Toronto - 1820 ft
- Taipei 101, Taiwan - 1671 ft
- Petronas Twin Towers, Malaysia - 1483 ft
- Empire State Building, New York - 1250 ft
- Canary Wharf, London - 771 ft
Empire State Building, New York
Canary Wharf, London
Canary Wharf, London
TRIVIA OF BURJ KHALIFA
- The towers's spire is visible from 6 miles away and you can see Iran (50 miles away) from the 124th floor observation deck which is open to public
- This building is so tall that the temp at the top is 10c cooler than at the bottom
- Restaurant is on the 122nd floor, gym on the 123rd floor and a nightclub (wht the heck dubai) on the 143rd. Offices soars up to the 160th floor. There are plans for a mosque on the 158th (what?! only plan? LOL, nightclub already have)
- The air conditioning is the equivalent of melting 12500 tons of ice per day (*_*)
- The water systems will supply 250000 gallons of desalinated water per day.
- Tower has been built using eight millions cubic feet of concrete, 31000 tons of reinforcing steel, 167000 sq ft of stainless steel cladding, and 1.1m sq ft of double-glazing.
- The hexagonal concrete core of the tower houses all of its 57 lifts. It is mounted on 3 wings, arranged in a 'Y' shaped to distribute its weight, making its more stable
- The last piece of Burj Khalifa which is about 260m is finished by Malaysian steel company, Eversendai Corporation Sdn. Bhd \(^_^)/
- A set of double deck lifts carry visitors to the tower's observation deck, on the 124th floor.
- If all the lifts break down, there are 3000 stairs from the bottom to top..LOL
- The tower is so big it has already sunk 2.4 inches into the ground. Its foundation are 150ft deep
- It has been designed to sway up to 6ft in high winds. The sun's heat makes it lean as much as 3ft as the metal expands and contract.
- The rods that reinforced the structure weight 31400 tons. Laid end to end they would stretch more than a quarter of the way around the world.
- The external surface is the size of 17 football fields..Haiyo!